It is my privilege and honor to serve you as the State Deputy of Alabama. I met with the other jurisdictions’ State Deputies along with members of the Supreme Council this past weekend in Washington D.C. Here are the main points needing to be presented and distributed:
1. The Supreme Council has extended the waiver of per capita dues again for councils which attain the Star Council award. Make sure your council is working toward this goal. Star Council Award requirements
2. Use of the old regalia for the 4th degree has been extended to June 30, 2019.
3. Any member can register and take advantage of training at http://www.kofc.org/trainingmicrosite
4. Building the Domestic Church While Strengthening Our Parish will continue to be a primary initiative of the Knights of Columbus.
5. New video from the Supreme Council explaining why every Catholic man should join the Knights of Columbus. Here is a link - Answer the Call
6. Please propose the State of Alabama Week of the Family program to your councils. Here is a letter from the Chairperson G. V. “Skip” Gentle, Past State Deputy and Former Vice-Supreme Master. Alabama State Council Week of the Family.
I give thanks to God for bringing the Knights of Columbus to us and our families. HE has blessed us with this brotherhood to enable us to be better Catholic men.
Yours in Christ,
Each member of the 80 active councils currently making up our State Council is working toward achieving the goals that we have set for ourselves. Through effort, dedication, and determination, individually and collectively, we will continue to uphold the basics of Knighthood; charity, unity, fraternity, and patriotism.
If you are not currently a member of the Knights and if you are at least 18 years of age and a male who is a practicing Catholic, please give serious consideration to joining our Great Order. You may contact us through this site and we will be happy to see that we connect with you to get you headed down the path to membership.
Vivat Jesus!!! (Christ Lives!!!)